Our Lady appeared to St. Bernadette Soubirous at Lourdes, France in 1858 for a total of 18 visits. She introduced herself to St. Bernadette as “The Immaculate Conception” in reference to the dogma that had been defined by Blessed Pope Pius IX just four years earlier. She encouraged the praying of the Rosary and instructed Bernadette to dig in a certain place, which turned out to be a spring. Those who began drinking that water began experiencing cures and healings. Today, the site is an important pilgrimage site where people from all over the world come to be healed of their sicknesses. The spring still flows, yielding thousands of gallons of water every year and many bathe in the waters.
This elegant rosary, made with White Glass Pearls and Light Blue Opaque Glass beads, has a Rose/Our Lady of Lourdes center. It has a medal of St. Bernadette which hangs below the center and an Angels crucifix.