How to Pray the Rosary
1. While holding the Crucifix in your hand, recite the “Apostles Creed:”
I believe in God the Father Almighty,
Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our
Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He
descended into hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He
ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father
Almighty; From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I
believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life
2. On the first bead recite the “Our Father:”
Our Father Who art in Heaven, hallowed
be Thy Name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in
Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into
temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
3. On the three small beads recite the “Hail Mary” for an increase in the supernatural virtues of Faith, Hope and Charity.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is
with thee; blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy
womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at
the hour of our death. Amen.
4. Recite the “Glory be to the Father”
Glory be to the Father, and to the
Son, and to the Holy Ghost, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever
shall be, world without end. Amen.
5. Call to mind the first Mystery and reflect upon it then on the large bead recite, the “Our Father.”
6. On the ten small beads, recite the “Hail Mary” keeping in mind the mystery.
7. Recite the “Glory be to the Father.”
8. After the Glory Be, say the Fatima Prayer:
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins! Save
us from the fires of Hell! Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in
most need of thy mercy! Amen.
9. On each of the following decades, repeat steps 5-8.
10. After the fifth decade recite the “Hail Holy Queen”
Hail Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our
life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished
children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping
in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes
of mercy towards us, and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed
fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
V- Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R- That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray. O God, Whose
Only-Begotten Son, by His life, death and resurrection, has purchased
for us the rewards of eternal life: grant, we beseech Thee, that by
meditating upon these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed
Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain, and obtain what they
promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
11. Finish by making the Sign of the Cross.